The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a globally recognised qualification offering a valuable overview of the core aspects of occupational health and safety.
The course is assessed through a two-hour written examination each for two of the units, and a practical assessment which is assessed by our trainer and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
Course takes place over 10 days plus an examination 9am-5pm
Next course takes place at Chesterfield College, Infirmary Road, Chesterfield. Sessions will be held every Tuesday from 24 September for 10 weeks and then the exam will be on the 11th week on 4 December.
Course also available in Derby, Manchester, Nottingham, and Birmingham upon request.
Who is this course for?
Designed for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
The course is made up of the following three units:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling Workplace Hazards (GC2)
- Health and Safety Practical Application (GC3)
The course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with the identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical way in which to approach them.
Following the two written examinations, the GC3 project will be completed by the candidate, usually at their own workplace. Upon successful assessment and moderation of this project, accreditation and certification follows.
Benefits of completing the course:
- Increased efficiency and productivity – fewer accidents, litigations and absenteeism
- Improved safety awareness and appreciation of safety measures
- Effective management and staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognised certification
Where will this lead?
Successful completion of this course could aid career progression; students can also progress to study a variety of supporting qualifications such as:
• NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
• NEBOSH National Fire Certificate
• NEBOSH International General Certificate