What is a higher apprenticeship?
A higher apprenticeship combines on-the-job training with university-level study and has been designed by employers, for employers, as a way of growing their business with highly-trained workforces.
Training in the workplace is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of future or existing employees, enabling them to close the skills gap within your industry by progressing on to hard-to-fill high level positions.
The government regards apprenticeships as the key to boosting the UK’s economy and improving skills across all industries and higher apprenticeships have become a key part of this skills strategy.
What higher apprenticeships are available?
Learning Unlimited is able to offer flexible courses which are equivalent to university qualifications such as foundation degrees, HNDs and full honours degrees.
We currently offer qualifications in the following sectors:
- Business Administration
- Management and Leadership
- Project Management
- Care Leadership and Management
- Engineering Manufacture
- Social Media and Digital Marketing (subject to approval)
Who are higher apprenticeships for?
Apprenticeships are a great way for you to bring new talent into your business as you will be able to mould their skills to suit your business’ needs. They can generate a significant return on your investment, and with our FREE recruitment service, taking on an apprentice is more cost efficient than you think. Find out more about our recruitment service here.
Apprenticeships can also be offered to existing staff members as a way of developing their skills for higher positions within the company, such as managerial roles. They provide a way for you to identify, train and retain talent.
Why choose Learning Unlimited?
Whether you need to improve the skills of your existing workforce or bring new skills into your business – Learning Unlimited can provide you with a range of flexible high quality training programmes which are personally designed to meet both your long and short term business objectives.
We’re here to support you and your apprentice every step of the way. We’ll allocate one of our work-based tutors to each apprentice to help make sure they are learning the skills your business needs.
Taking on a new apprentice or arranging training for an existing employee couldn’t be easier. Simply follow these steps:
- Get in touch with us to discuss your business needs
- We’ll visit you to discuss your business needs and put together a personal training plan
- Taking on a new apprentice? Make use of our FREE recruitment service – we’ll advertise the vacancy on your behalf (or we’ll enrol your existing staff members)
- We’ll shortlist suitable candidates
- We can help you interview the final selected candidates and offer advice
- We’ll then offer the successful candidate the job and arrange a start date
- We’ll take care of inductions and set up an e-portfolio
- Tutorials and training will start
- We’ll carry out regular reviews to ensure everything is on track
- Apprentices will undertake assessments and if successful be awarded their diploma