This Level 3 Engineering Fitter apprenticeship standard is suitable for school leavers, those wanting to launch a career within the engineering industry or looking to change careers and broaden their skills.
As long as you have an interest in the industry and have a Level 2 in English and maths, you can apply for this apprenticeship.
The broad purpose of the engineering fitter occupation is to produce complex high-value, low-volume components or assemblies in full or part, using machines, equipment or systems, to the required specification. For example, turbines, cranes, gearboxes, production lines, rigs and platforms.
They will produce or re-furbish the components, fitters will interpret drawings/specifications and plan their work. For example ensuring they have the right tools, equipment and resources to complete the task to the required specification.
Fitters are required to check their work against quality standards and make adjustments as required based on their knowledge.
• Reading, interpreting and understanding the component/assembly specification, diagrams, drawings and work instructions
• Using appropriate hand-fitting tools and techniques to assemble/dis-assemble
• Measuring and testing
• Completing component/assembly documentation
• Reporting work outcomes and/or issues
• Operating within limits of responsibility
• Operating in line with quality, health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
• Mechanical Fitter
• Electrical Fitter
• Electronic Fitter
• Instrumentation Fitter
• Pipe Fitter
• Controls and Systems Fitter
• Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
• Level 4 Manufacturing Engineering Technician
• There is further potential to continue studies within the engineering sector up to degree level.
|Multiplex Engineering Ltd||S41 7JD||Chesterfield, Derbyshire||https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000043978|
|CAN Geotechnical||S41 9PZ||Chesterfield||https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000052763|
|CAN Geotechnical||S41 9PZ||Chesterfield||as above|
|Peak Sensors Ltd||S41 9FG||Chesterfield||https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000057768|
|Magbroach (UK) LTD||S42 55A||Holmewood, Chesterfield||https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000062965|